A good explanation of the profound distrust of institutions, especially corporate media

People just don’t like Trump.

It is a much easier explanation than a multinational/ multicorporate/ multiagency conspiracy to have him lose an election.

1 Like

My experience is that people don’t like Trump based on the lies and disinformation that media have promoted about Trump not what Trump has actually said or done.

For example, a large portion of the country still believes the debunked fine-people hoax that Biden made the center of his campaign. One of the true believers was probably the Capitol police officer who mistook an unarmed woman for a stormtrooper and shot her dead.

3 Likes

Or… and now here me out… people don’t like him because he was a horrible agent of chaos and most just don’t like that.

No.

Trump is an awful human being.

The only surprise is how long it took people in the middle to figure that out.

Yes Trump shook things up. The spin has been that is a horrible thing.

On other hand, the consensus when Trump took office was that no peace agreements are possible in the Middle East, and there was no way to resolve the crisis with North Korea.

Trump did the “impossible” in both cases shaking thing up and trying approaches that violated the conventional wisdom. Of course the military/surveillance complex that wants perpetual war has been very unhappy about the loss of sales opportunities.

Yup, supporters were shocked to see him lose.

They still can’t reconcile it in their minds, which I understand to an extent Trump built a very strong cult of personality.

In the typical Trumpers mind there was no way he could lose.

The truth was obviously different, so how do they cope? With this nonsense with full support and amplification of their favorite one term President.

The peace agreements in the ME that were signed were being worked on before Trump took office, so no, the consensus opinion was not, in fact, that no peace agreements were possible in the ME.

Trump gets the credit for bringing the agreements home, but your characterization is false.

And no, the consensus was not that there was no peace possible with NK. What was said was Trump should not validate Kim by giving him an audience at the highest level in exchange for absolutely nothing.

And that exactly what happened. Kim got his spotlight on the international stage and gave up nothing.

Worse, on several separate occasions Trump traveled halfway around the world to see him. Kim barely left the confines of his own country, Trump went to see HIM.

That’s terrible optics.

I give Trump credit for not getting us embroiled in any more conflicts. I don’t like how he left the Kurds twisting in the wind, but he got us out of entanglements that I’d rather Russia have to deal with.

But I won’t give him credit for photo ops that accomplish nothing, like in NK.

But Trump supporters seem to like style over substance.

3 Likes

How can people dislike someone that I love so much…if only the media treated him fairly.

1 Like

The real question is the future of the country as a representative democracy.

Democrats spent four years saying that the 2016 election was illegitimate and created videos and reports about how elections systems are easily hacked and corrupted.

Now the party line is that openly questioning the 2020 election results makes you an enemy of the state. That is why were are seeing the FBI SWAT teams arresting grandmas who took selfies at the Capitol.

We need to develop election systems that are secure and transparently free and fair. We need to make sure that there is real oversight and restrictions on powers of the surveillance agencies and real punishment for surveillance operatives who violate the civil rights of individuals. Otherwise we are heading toward the Orwellian tyranny that Democratic Senator Frank Church warned about back in the 1970s:

2 Likes

The only threat I see to the future of representative democracy are the laws being pushed through by several GOP legislatures…some of which are going to give the legislature the power to overturn popular elections in their states.

If those laws are being put in…they are being put in to be used.

Book it.

Overturning the popular vote of a state is playing with fire.

I stop reading after the item in bold. That is obviously not true. You are trying portraying him as coward who was living in his basement during pandemic. Nothing but talking points from right wing lunatic group.

1 Like

Not hard to do. When the person is playing along and give media ammunition over and over.

Some of us did our homework on the man and how he conducted business back when he floated running as an Independent.

I lived in the NYC area in his heyday.

I knew he wasn’t what the Apprentice portrayed him to be.

The Apprentice killed this country…I do not believe Trump is President without that show.

I do find it hysterical the quintessential New York Values person became the New Right’s Hero.

3 Likes

Certainly not mine, general elections are like choosing between a ■■■■ sandwich and mud pies for dinner.

Thank you for that CCP talking point.

Thank you for letting us know the official CCP version of reality.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN25K056&ved=2ahUKEwi_k9qn0NfxAhVe63MBHbFwDr8QFnoECAYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0dePU-2jff-zMA1iVq_GgD&ampcf=1

’ WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Amid the coronavirus pandemic, Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said in an interview that aired on Sunday that he had no plans to begin a more aggressive campaign schedule with little more than two months to go before the Nov. 3 election.

Asked if he could win a presidential election from his Delaware home, Biden answered: “We will.” ’

2 Likes

Good point.

FYI, I added a new video from Tucker Carlson to the OP; it is a good presentation of highlights from the twitter thread.

Whinefest.

Concerns about the 2020 election being rigged against Trump are deflated by the fact that downticket Pubs won most of their races in red states.