A fly in the ointment regarding youthful judicial appointments

Which, if you had read slower, IS THE VERY POINT I WAS MAKING IN THE FIRST PLACE.

1 Like

So what was the point again? :thinking:

Well, he already made a fortune “pittance” off of us actual working folks, so he may as well go siphon someone else’s money for a change. lol

Most federal jobs probably GS 9 and above don’t make what a private job would make with same responsibilities.

Those dingus heads shooting pirates from their memory foam couch on a ship are sure as hell making a few pittances more than we did in the Infantry. :rofl:

THE POINT OF THE THREAD.

Don’t appoint persons younger than 50 to the Article III Judiciary. If they are older than 50, the more likely they are to actually stay.

Age discrimination in hiring is illegal.

And there are many more reasons than money as to why someone would want to take (and keep) a job.

Yes but not near the amount the private contractors make. I made almost 3X as a contractor what I was making in military when I retired.

1 Like

I don’t care what the private contractors make, nothing could possibly be sweeter than 180k for 6 months on the water shooting booty bandits.

I know, I know, it’s less than a pittance… :rofl:

Not if its a constitutional amendment and the constitution already age requirements, such as 35 to be President.

Who are you talking about? Are you sure they were not contractors working for the three letter agencies. The company I worked for had a lot of people on boats. They got paid less then being in country.

And by the way, I make far more than the Chief Justice. :smile:

This was all 10 years ago when I was getting out, but some of my buddies got in on maritime security when they got out and made a mad pittance. I assumed they were government contractors for that until you confused me with your first reply. lol

I think we are talking same thing. Contractors but not federal employees.

1 Like

The President is elected, not hired.

:thinking:

So does that mean we won’t have to worry about you being on the Court? :+1:

That would have been unlikely anyway, given that I don’t have a law license. Then again, we don’t have to worry about most people here being on the court.

Irrelevant. Constitutional Amendments override any contrary law, including age discrimination statutes.

And it would be simple.

Amendment ???

No person shall be appointed to serve as a Justice or Judge during good behavior under Article III of the Constitution of the United States, if such person shall not have attained to fifty years of age prior to or the day of receiving such appointment.

Simple as that.

I detect a whiff of elitism.

2 Likes

There is no requirement for a Justice to have a Law degree let alone a license. But you have already implied that you’re not interested in a pay cut. :wink:

2 Likes