A dose of Reality-More people are killed with blunt objects than All Types of Rifles Combined

Hard to separate the two since drug/alchol use is so common in pschotics and antisocial disorders but certainly have a big effect on the general public.

There are lots of psychiatric disorders besides psychosis and anti social disorders.

Some studies show a 24% of higher rate of violence among psychotics and it’s quite common with ASD’s.

They also have this to say about their ability to predict future violence.

from Mental Illness, Mass Shootings, and the Politics of American Firearms - PMC

For instance, a 1978 survey by Steadman and Cocozza of “Psychiatry, Dangerousness, and the Repetitively Violent Offender” analyzed the “assumption widely held by the public, legislators and many criminal justice administrators, that psychiatric training and perspective make psychiatrists particularly well suited to predict violence.”65(p226) They found that, “there is actually very little literature that provides empirical evidence dealing with psychiatric predictions of dangerousness,”65(p226) and that “despite statutory and procedural trends to the contrary, the data available suggest no reason for involving psychiatrists in the dispositional processes of violent offenders under the expectation of predictive expertise.”65(p229) Thirty-three years later, Swanson put it even more succinctly: “psychiatrists using clinical judgment are not much better than chance at predicting which individual patients will do something violent and which will not.”31,45

The lack of prognostic specificity is in large part a matter of simple math. Psychiatric diagnosis is in and of itself not predictive of violence, and even the overwhelming majority of psychiatric patients who fit the profile of recent US mass shooters—gun-owning, angry, paranoid White men—do not commit crimes.25,50,66–68

Again, this is just a screening tool, at most it would get a kid into counseling to see if they do have any serious issues.

Again psychologists say they are no better at predicting future violent acts than random chance, you are asking them to do something they are telling you they cannot.

I see that you are in a field that has experience in this and is well acquainted with what is and is not allowed. Sad to see that someone is trying to 'splain your own field to you.

No I’m not. I’m asking that they evaluate those who are flagged to see if a serious problem exists.

If they can’t find one, they can’t find one.

All students being treated the same translates to doing psychological testing on all children. The cost? When would this be done? Every year?

You are asking that of liberals who think the problem is angry, paranoid, white men who have access to guns. When they haul you in for an evaluation, make sure you don’t let them know it makes you angry, that you own guns or that you think you are being unfairly targeted without probable cause.

Read the thread, I’m not inclined to waste my time repeating it for you.

You know you’re right. Let’s do absolutely nothing to prevent any of these kids from getting identified and helped young.

We’ll just deal with the aftermath when they go postal and commit a murder or mass shooting giving even more fuel to the anti gun left to demand disarmament.

Absolutely brilliant strategy, I can’t imagine why Sneaky and I didn’t come up with it earlier.

Thanks again.

All students being treated the same translates to doing psychological testing on all children. The cost? When would this be done? Every year? And what about when parents decline the testing for their children? Force it anyways?

Read the thread, I’m not inclined to waste my time repeating it for you.

Does that help or would large type be better?

Nonsensical drivel.

All students being treated the same translates to doing psychological testing on all children. The cost? When would this be done? Every year? And what about when parents decline the testing for their children? Force it anyways?

I have read the thread, and am still inquiring as to your thoughts on how the government expedites such testing to all children…would it be done thru the school system? What about those students in private schools? Home schooled? And perhaps the most important point…when would this psychological testing take place? Yearly? Bi-annual? Every 4 years?

Again, psychologists say they cannot identify them in advance. Don’t blame me.

Simply facts you seem to find uncomfortable

I would say a major indicator of mental problems are those who perpetuate domestic abuse…and yet there are those who are fighting against taking guns away from such abusers.

No there aren’t, nobody is fighting to allow those convicted of abuse to keep their firearms.

Medical errors are the third leading cause of death in America.