A crack in Fox News' Trump support?

Fox News host Neil Cavuto ripped into President Trump’s trail of conflicting and false statements in a monologue on Thursday, targeting Trump for issues such as the Stormy Daniels payment and his exaggerations about illegal voting during the 2016 election.

Speaking directly to the president on his show, “Your World With Neil Cavuto,” he questioned why Trump lambastes the news media for “fake news” when his own statements are often contradictory.

“Let me be clear, Mr. President,” Cavuto said. “How can you drain the swamp if you’re the one who keeps muddying the waters?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/05/04/foxs-cavuto-to-trump-thats-your-stink-mr-president-thats-your-swamp/?utm_term=.28c5b12d84a5

The more Trump and crew attempt to clean up their mess, the more they sink the ship. And I believe that there are some more folks at Fox News that are going to realize that trying to run cover for this idiot is beyond reasonable.

If I based my opinions on what politicians say and not on their political actions, I may not approve of Trump? Since I don’t place Miss Piggy or Stormy Daniels ahead of what’s taking place on the Korean peninsula, many disagree with my opinion. Just look at what many news stations talk about and it’s easy to see how many Miss Piggyites there are in this country.

Rats jumping ship, the only ones sticking around are Hannity and Fox & Friends.

I can see a distinction between policies that I prefer and personalities or people who I may dislike. But I think, particularly as applied to Presidents, the dichotomy between words and actions is a false one. In many ways, presidential utterances and statements are actions and have the consequences of actions. Likewise, Trump’s toxic and malignant dishonesty pervades at the levels of policy and action, as he frequently lies about both.

When it is the POTUS words are as important as actions. It has been noted that there is a growing number of Americans who are not certain how much they can trust what the presidents says. And that has the potential of a serious situation if it applies to something that has national security implications.

That’s partly why the whole Ignore everything he says on Twitter riff is dumb. I have a prudish family member who’s a Trump fan, and she always says that it doesn’t matter what he says online. Da ■■■■ it doesn’t.

Look, that’s his chosen medium and his means of communicating directly, as he really doesn’t do press conferences. Saying to ignore him on Twitter is almost exactly analogous to asking people to ignore what Reagan said on television or ignore what Roosevelt said on the radio.

his actions are lacking

It’s not a “crack.” For Cavuto, I think it’s normal, actually. Fox shows and personnel (all or most), do not have the monolithic or unquestioning Trump support that some think. Now if one thinks that not constantly bashing Trump, is equal to Trump support, they might look at it differently.

Granted…there’s never been a POTUS during my lifetime like Trump. He’s broken the mold. One thing I’ve learned though is that I can not trust the media’s version of what Trump said. When I hear him actually say what he said and in the context in which he said it, the meaning is often quite different than how it was reported. There’s other times when his words make me cringe. There’s other times when he sounds petulant and child-like. Those tweets sometimes embarrass the hell out of me. The next thing you know, after being called “rocket man”, the leader of North Korea appears to be responding more positively to our wishes than at any time previously. Who’d a thunk it?

Yep. He’s not built the wall yet. He’s not gotten the DOJ to reopen Hillary’s email investigation yet. There’s a lot more swamp to drain. The good news though is…there’s still almost 7 years left.

Man ain’t that the truth…

• He has aliases
  • He writes his own health report
  • He never released his tax returns
  • He has affairs with XXX stars
  • He says creepy things about his daughter
  • He’s caught on camera talking about grabbing them by the ■■■■■
  • He golfs constantly
  • He gives himself a massive raise thus exploding the debt
  • He lies about silly simple stuff
  • His wife doesn’t seem to like him
  • He watches TV shows for Intelligence briefings
  • He tweets like a teenage girl
  • He pretends to be a Christian
  • He talks about taking guns away before due process
  • And most importantly, his supporters are under his spell
2 Likes

I’m guessing you reveled in the “we need to pass the bill to see what’s in it” nonsense so it’s hard to take your newfound skepticism seriously.

1 Like

You think Kim Jung Un is doing what he’s doing because Trump called him rocket man?

Didn’t repeal ACA. $1trillion deficit. Go trump

Wow. That people buy into this dumbed-down version of events, which completely ignores that North Korea’s nuclear test site collapsed, says a lot.

They’re under his spell. That’s Trump’s real power.

Yeah…you’re right…she never said anything even remotely close to that. :wink:

A man who thinks so little of the American people that he lies to them at a rate of 6 times a day is not worthy of your support, no matter the events that may be taking place around the world. Respect yourself a little more than that.

I don’t like the direction this country has gone over the last several decades. Even though I agree with you that Trump lies, he is also a total new direction.

What is the definition of doing the same thing and expecting different results? Be a little more sane than that.

It makes you wonder what Trump supporters would do if their wife was lying to them, say, four times a day.