A Country That Got Corona Response Right

And why did that happen? Because for 100 years, “common good” has been used to rationalize every single pet program for special interest groups to whore for votes.

Why would I feel any affinity at all for the half of the country that tells me I’m a racist, homophobic, deplorable rube? Why would I help the “commons” who make it a habit of violating my Constitutional rights?

Infringement begets resentment Jay. If you want me to help my country, show me a country worth helping.

I can’t argue with that. We might disagree with what caused it.

1 Like

If you want me to respect the collective, it begins with the collective respecting me as an individual.

1 Like

Oh yeah? I’d like to see some of that please.

Test and Track for the win.

Why aren’t we pushing for this?

You’re going to get no argument from me that The Ruling Class did absolutely nothing to help those who were asked to make the most sacrifice.

And the moneyed and the privileged not only didn’t miss a beat…they fled to yachts or private gated communities and got concierge health care.

I actually said from the beginning that if this was the path we were going to take, then those who were going to lose their jobs ought to be treated as soldiers in a war…and should be compensated for being soldiers in said war.

But again…no common purpose.

Maybe Taiwan is not insane because they have a unifying common purpose…it’s them against the world. An enemy across the strait wants to swallow them whole and the rest of the world bends over backwards to ignore Taiwan so as not to piss China off.

Those are powerful unifying forces.

A simply outstanding observation Jay, I am truly impressed.

Shared adversity is truly a powerful tool in team building.

Great post.

1 Like

Not much interest in doing it right it seems.

Good post. I agree - they handled is very well (but still have massive numbers of employees being furloughed. So not unscratched. But def a good job).

Seems to be the biggest thing was the quick reaction, massive testing, consistent public messaging to shut down false info and spread accurate info. quick reaction to spot outbreaks (and to quickly identify hot spots) and masks. Lots of Masks.

We could have done that here -but didnt. I hope when this is over we do true massive review of not only what we did, but what other countries did (good and bad) and produce a “Playbook” for next time.

Because of the partisan nature of the US today -I think this will have to be a independent, bipartisan commission that simply does the research and produce the findings. (No public hearings. At least not for this purpose).

In other threads, you argue this is just the flu and everyone is going to get it and testing and tracing is,'t an option.

In this thread, you applaud the country that tested and traced it’s way through the pandemic.

This is exactly what I and others here have been advocating for and admonishing the administration for not fully pushing with all it’s executive might.

So which is it? Is testing and tracing the way to go, or should we just ride this out?

Pity that Taiwan likely won’t exist as a separate entity past 2025.

China is very close to completing the necessary naval assets to stage an invasion.

Could we have done

?

Now see, this is what the media does and why we can’t get along.

What does that mean?

Did you read the articles?

Don’t try to frame my arguments into something you need. If you don’t understand, ask.

First article says that immediately in late January, everyone started wearing medical masks.
That helped reduce the spread.

I agree. Was that an option for us?

I think so. I dont know why masks became political. Its such a minor inconvenience and has good results. To me is like requiring someone to wear a seatbelt, or have a child in car seat when driving.
It doesn’t effect your freedom and it helps the greater good. Why did mask wearing become political?
Do you not agree?

Someone here said it best.

To them, masks symbolized being in a Third World country.

It felt to them like a symbol of oppression…like a sign that we were poor and needy.

Not kidding…and I suspect such a feeling is widespread. A great modern country like ours where people have to wear masks to avoid germs.

Masks = germs = poor, dirty and needy

I’m talking about the logistics of it and based on where we get them.

Doesn’t everything become political? I say because of the press.