A bill we could ALL get behind - Daylight Savings

I would be for DST year round if Arizona officially goes into the Pacific Time Zone. Also, all of Indiana should be in the Central Time Zone if DST is year round.

Here is a pretty good article that has some of the pros and cons.

A bill we could ALL get behind

nope :smile:

Arizona never changes. Itā€™s great!

1 Like

Totally agree.

Said every Alaskan ever. lol

Thatā€™s why. Alaska.

Pop. 3

Itā€™s good for polar bears however.

Allan

This is a joke, but the entire country should be on Eastern time. ā– ā– ā– ā–  the rest of you. Weā€™re the REAL time zone and you all know it.

1 Like

Who says the GOP is devoid of brilliant solutions? Some people say jobs are the most important issue right now, but I say America is only a daylight savings ban and a constitutional amendment to protect the flag away from Greatness.

1 Like

Yes we do. Parents donā€™t want to send their children to the bus stop, or to walk to school, in the dark.

Builds character.

Yeah, getting snatched off the streets and raped builds character.

Thatā€™s an issue where you live? That sucks. And god knows no child was ever kidnapped and raped when the sun was out. Little known fact, all kidnapperā€™s skin burns in the sunlight.

It can be a problem anywhere. And no, sunlight isnā€™t a guarantee but most rational people can see why children are safer when itā€™s light out, which is why most parents bring their young children indoors when it gets dark.

Enjoying the daylight by stealing an hour on the clock from the night is nice. You get off of work and have an extra hour of daylight. I never imagined that falling back that hour in the fall could place so much stress on people that it requires this bill to be introduced? That said, Iā€™m fine with what ever helps others.

Iā€™m not the one who went with sundown equals child rape. A rationale that I would have gone with was ā€œless likely to be hit by carsā€. But weā€™re apparently different people.

1 Like

Cars as well. Children do actually get abducted and raped.

Occasionally. More likely to catch Covid at school and die. Just ignore it.

And this is where I have to mention that I am against kidnapping children and raping them. Iā€™m very anti that. I wish I could vote against it. Whereā€™s that on the ballot? But in all seriousness, I do think there is a level of fear that parents often instill in their children that is unfounded. The scenario of random pedophile stealing a child and raping and killing them is astronomically rare. Teach your kids to be smart and aware of their surroundings, but that extreme focus on the guy in the trenchcoat never made sense. If your child gets raped its probably gonna be the uncle, father, brother or cousin. Thatā€™s more of a threat. Until theyā€™re older and itā€™ll be a boyfriend/friend. Focus on that. Not some guy at the bus stop. Just my opinion.

As a parent you donā€™t ignore any risk to your children. And while being abducted, raped and murdered is rare it is also catastrophic. And being out alone in the dark opens opportunity for strangers and related pedophiles alike.

Personally I always accompanied my children to the bus stop if I couldnā€™t drive them myself but obviously not all parents schedules permit that.

I mean, here is another ideaā€¦
Start school later.

And before you say ā€œImpossible! Work, sports, after school, blah blah blahā€ they did it here with great success!
Elementary school is 8:15 (and yes, some areas is still somewhat dark at 7:30 for bus but not very long and not very dark), middle school is 8:45, HS is 9:15. Been doing it for 8 years now with great success by every measure.