94% of COVID deaths had underlying medical conditions

Gives me an excuse to avoid the “commercial” Christmas holidays. I actually don’t mind the religious one. :smile:

I would like to be dictator just long enough to decree that there can be no Christmas music in stores prior to the day after Thanksgiving. :smile:

5 Likes

We have seen young children and healthy people in their 20’s, 30’s and 40’s die. I think that we are learning that just because you are healthy your immune system may be weak. And I have looked at the computer simulations of how this virus grows in the lungs and it is really scary. And now we have examples of people who are getting a secondary infection. Double scary. But the real scary deal is that the WHO and CDC have been politicized. What use to be the go-to organizations for getting the square poop are now being questioned. We can not do much about the WHO. But if we discover that the Trump administration was responsible for the CDC not doing their job, this needs to be fixed now.

1 Like

Humans have spent their entire existence to bend nature to their will. That is what we do.

Even though I am an atheist, I was brought up as a Christian. And though I do not accept the divine origins of the faith, there are some really good moral lessons to be learned. Moral lessons that I accept because the nature of them are man made and not divine

A lot today reminds me of the parable of the lost sheep. In that the most in need are the ones that need protection and sacrifice to ensure that they continue living in safety.

Now I do understand the irony of comparing people livestock while railing against language that makes people akin to livestock… but I use this example as a moral framework as to how human life is precious and the short term societal sacrifice is what should be done to protect it.

That is just my opinion though.

1 Like

When I was growing up it was unheard of to have anything Christmas in stores until after Thanksgiving.
Now they are setting up the Christmas stuff alongside the Halloween displays.

Through it all we have examples of how good we are to our fellow man. We have so many good folks that risk a lot taking care of the folks that have been getting sick. We have some very fine people who are working hard to get folks food and supplies. And we are doing our job as a great country to help other countries cope with this virus. So it still amazes me that there are so many people who politicize this virus and choose to make a statement by not wearing a mask. It is really sad.

1 Like

Yes, unless you’re old or sick, you’re very unlikely to be seriously affected by CoVid, at least in the short term, from what we know now.

It’s another way of stating that almost everyone that don’t have underlying conditions but tested positive for covid will not die.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: General Slop from Various Threads +fd

@Eagle-Keeper 100% of deaths have the underlying medical condition of life.

1 Like

And, for people definitely diagnosed with covid-19, the heart event number climbs to nearly 80%, including 60% with heart inflammation, regardless of the severity of covid-19, or any evident or non-evident symptoms of myocarditis:

"…cardiac magnetic resonance imaging revealed cardiac involvement in 78 patients (78%) and ongoing myocardial inflammation in 60 patients (60%), which was independent of preexisting conditions, severity and overall course of the acute illness, and the time from the original diagnosis.

Meaning These findings indicate the need for ongoing investigation of the long-term cardiovascular consequences of COVID-19."

2 Likes

It rather emphasizes that point.

So bored youths can make civil unrest and get paid to do it.

:fire:

The sell is getting tougher.

So fitness and diet are an even bigger deal than they were before CV19…got it.

:running_man:t3:

You rather evidently didn’t read “which was independent of preexisting conditions”.

It isn’t about me.

We can all read and discern.

Tough as shoe leather it is.

:running_man:t3:

I am a hospital employee and we have protocols to protect ourselves and patients from spreading disease. That being said, I was still exposed to Covid. I have high blood pressure and an autoimmune disease and am not a spring chicken …and it was like a cold. It wasn’t even as bad as the flu. Those that live in my house got it as well. My husband also has health issues. We all had nothing more than a cold.
Yes, many people have been really sick and have had to be hospitalized.
But we also need to stop spreading fear and panic. The majority of people who have gotten the virus have had symptoms like my family experienced or were even asymptomatic.
No matter how careful you are, even if you wear PPE, you are going to come into contact with other human beings who may give you this virus. Unless, you never leave your house, never let anyone in.

3 Likes

…that of the 100% deaths being attributed to the virus, only 6% actually died from it alone.

Having underlying conditions makes it much more likely to die from the disease.

This isn’t anything new or shocking.

The preponderance is rather new.

94% is rather overwhelming.

It was always tossed about as about 50%.

:man_shrugging:t3:

This is general knowledge. Why are people acting surprised? Also

We are back in the phase where the severity of the virus is being downplayed for… Well i don’t know why… but that is where we are again.

1 Like