8 U.S. Code § 1324a

I’m not the one claiming to know what Trump knows here, you are.

And the subject is? Holding him criminally liable.

Yes, actual evidence not innuendo.

To hold someone criminally liable you have to show through the evidence that they in someway participated in the crime.

The bar for holding the company financially liable under the civil penalties section is much lower.

Or failed to prevent the crime from happening.

When you’re driving the car you’re actually in control and responsible for your own actions, not the actions of the guy who aired up your tires at Discount tire a year ago.

Show me the statute on that one.

Why is it so difficult to say Trump should have tried harder to drive a company culture of zero tolerance for hiring illegals?

Well, that isn’t even what’s being discussed.

Thanks for making my point. Trump is the captain of his ship. He’s in control and responsibility for what happens. Plain and simple. That’s how it works in the corporate world.

Really? Show me a CEO of an major corporation that has been convicted under the same circumstances.

Still waiting on that citation.

I will give you an example. Tobacco companies not preventing advertising that was geared toward kids. How much liability was there on that? Millions? More. Granted that isn’t criminal it’s civil…but the concept is the same.

Which has nothing to do with what’s being discussed.

Show me A CEO convicted on charges of hiring illegal aliens under the same circumstances.

They don’t want these laws strictly enforced. That’s the whole idea behind sanctuary cities.

Yes. Yes our border and immigration laws would be more strongly enforced. We would have more defined immigration laws that would be enforced without the need to remove children from their families as well.

Children are separated from their parents every day in this country when the parents are taken into custody and/or jailed.

Why exactly should illegals be spared the same?

Of course it is.
You’re only interested in whether Trump is legally liable, and not about what kind of culture the leader instills in his companies.

No, the discussion is about civil and criminal liability. See USC 1324.

If he “knowingly” broke them? As opposed to ignorantly broke them? You have seen the stories on the hiring practices at his properties, right?

The pretzeling of pro-Trumpers is a sight to behold. :roll_eyes:

If you want to prosecute the man you have to show his complicity in the crimes being alleged.

It’s not about “Feelings” it’s about he law.

Kenneth Lay of Enron. Tried to claim he did not know what Fastow and Skilling were doing with their accounting practices…and was convicted. He should have known and done something to stop them…skilling and Lay were found guilty. Skilling was sentenced to 24 years and Lay died before sentencing…but probably would have done more.

Satisfied?

Exactly. I agree.

Good night all!