7.7 million to charter schools that never opened

Hmm. That’s a weird system.

We had a Total Wine open here last year. It’s like a giant toy/candy store.

You didn’t read my post very well.

I said that States and localities can and should raise taxes to make up the difference.

State controls all alcohol in PA. What comes in, what we can buy, what goes to restaurants… can’t even have wine shipped to my own address in PA.

You want to talk about a fascist system… this is it. Complete authoritarianism.

Going to Delaware or VA… Total Wine is amazing… passionate employees who actually care about wine and alcohol and aren’t just collecting a union paycheck. Such a completely different and so much better experience.

2 Likes

Born in Pennsylvania and have lived much of my life here. Familiar with the quirkiness. :smile:

Oh I know! That’s why I brought it up :grinning:

Hell, many of the townships and boroughs in this area were still “dry” when I was growing up.

Is there a way we can get private alcohol resellers and get rid of the Johnstown flood tax? I think Johnstown is sufficiently rebuilt. John Murtha made sure of that.

Ooooor…just Not do this and leave doe for emergencies like its intended…

Um that’s the current model now?

Why should you have a say about what happens in Alabama?

I have a niece and her husband that are now apparently permanently settled in Calera, Alabama, which is just south of Birmingham. In a couple of more years, their first born will be entering Kindergarten there. Should be interesting to here their opinions about it then.

Education should have a nation standard. Not having that limits competition. California would set standards that only a few states would adhere to. That would limit potential students from other states to qualify for schools in California. If not that, they may start at a disadvantage.

It’s silly

Why should you have a say about what happens in Alabama?

California is a ■■■■ hole.

He has a point. Schools books have this issue…
We dont allow states to make their own.

I love it… beautiful beaches, mountains… entertainment, people… I can go snowboarding, 4 wheelin in the desert, swimming in the ocean, Hollywood or Vegas in less than 4 hours. All with beautiful weather as well.

You can have your rural life in California’s Central Valley if you wanted… I can’t have the above in Texas. That’s the difference…

Texas is a flat, with horrible weather. Good jobs though. Half of my team is in Texas.

Huh?

1 Like

Texas is a nice place to visit outside of the summer months, but I will stick to Appalachia. :smile:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’ll admit our summers aren’t for the faint of heart.

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like