6 months to January 20, 2021, who are you voting for United States Representative?

• Republican
  • Democrat
  • Other
  • My district is uncontested this year
  • not voting

0 voters

Final of the three poll threads, who you voting for the United States House of Representatives?

I currently live in Virginia Foxx’s (North Carolina) district, but due to court ordered redistricting, I will be in Patrick McHenry’s district for this election and in the upcoming Congress. Both my old district and new district are Safe Republican, so my vote makes no difference. I could cast a pure protest vote here, but I think I will go ahead and vote for McHenry.

I just moved out to the suburbs so Connor Lamb is my Congressman now and I think I’m gonna vote for him. He’s in a tight-ish race. My old congressman Mike Doyle couldn’t lose if he died before the election. Didn’t even matter.

I’m a Democrat in safe Democrat district I don’t vote for my congressman he’s too liberal for me, but he will always win anyway. My vote doesn’t matter.

I’m voting GOP but it’s mostly a protest vote since my district is so blue; I just really dislike my rep

The county just south of me (Yadkin County, NC) has never voted Democrat. Ever. It was created in 1850. Voted Whig in 1852, Know Nothing in 1856 and Constitutional Union in 1860. (Lincoln was not on the ballot in any southern State.) They opposed secession and actually sent troops to fight for the North.

Since North Carolina’s readmission to the Union, Yadkin County has voted Republican in every election, including the Johnson landslide of 1964.

Until Republicans move away from their fascist and authoritarian behavior. I will be voting for the Democrat in the house race.

1 Like

Any vote for a Democrat representative is a vote for Pelosi.
That should answer the question for me.

Lamb is practically a shoo in. Not quite but it will take a lot to unseat him in a blue wave election.

Hard to see him losing.

Allan

Which is true if you live in a swing district.

But only relevant if there was actually any chance the Republicans could retake the House this election cycle. That is not possible, no serious commentator even suggests its possible.

1. I don’t live in a swing district. I live in a swing State (NC) but not a swing district (NC-10). The Republican representative (McHenry) is guaranteed to be reelected regardless of which way I vote.

2. Because my vote can’t influence the outcome of this particular House race, by logical extension, my vote can’t influence whether Pelosi remains Speaker of the House.

Essentially, my House vote is a throwaway vote. I can vote for McHenry, I can vote against McHenry in protest. It makes no difference.

I currently plan to vote for McHenry, but no considerations of Pelosi factor into that vote at all.

Well, if you are in a certain district of course it doesn’t ,matter.

RCP predicts the House at 214 Dems, 31 toss up, 190 Republican.

Whats 190 plus 31?

If you are in a district where one way or the other is possible, of course it makes a difference at the national level.

That’s just pure crap and we all know it.

Even using RCP’s prediction, no chance that Republicans sweep 31 seats, not even close.

At best, Republicans net +7 in the House in 2020.

Right now Cook Political has:

187 Safe D
16 Likely D
18 Lean D

221 Seats

158 Safe R
16 Likely R
15 Lean R

189 Seats

15 Seats currently held by Democrats are considered pure tossups.
10 Seats currently held by Republicans are considered pure tossups.

To win control of the House, Republicans must HOLD all 10 of their tossup seats and SWEEP all 15 of the Democratic tossup seats.

That would get them to 204.

Then they would have to take at least 14 out of the 18 Lean Democrat seats to reach 218.

A tall order in any political cycle.

Impossible in 2020.

I think Republicans will make a small net gain, but not close to a majority.

The situation for 2022 is a complete unknown, as reapportionment and redistricting must take place in the interim.

Except in Maryland. That’s staying solidly democratically gerrymandered. And liberals love it.

As are a number of Republican gerrymanders around the country. The Supreme Court (conservative majority) backed out on the issue.

NEITHER party is in a position to criticize the other on gerrymandering. Both parties do it when they have the clout to do it.

Both parties whine like bitches when they are the victims of gerrymandering.