50 years of fake news on the Climate apocalypse

You’re a scientist/climatologist too?
Wow!
You sure you not Jamaican with all these jobs :face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking:

Wha gwaan my yute

2 Likes

Relying on Nazis and Mike Adams to bolster points.

Wow… that is a low bar being set.

3 Likes

You’re not a believer is all. You lack the religious zealotry for global warming. :wink:

2 Likes

If the earth is warming and I agree it is, is it due to man or a natural cycle? If it’s man, who are the main contributors and what’s being done about it?

Personally…the tax I’ve paid has been in the 10s of thousands of dollars and in the form of higher prices for improved technology that includes almost everything US citizens use in their daily lives. The carbon tax and pollution credits has been the united idea by governments across the globe for some time but has not been implemented here in the US. I compare this idea to using plastic bags instead of paper bags to save the forests. The problem created as a result, is larger than the one that was attempted to be fixed.

waa… it’s true

here - this is how we can atone for our sins

“journalists” are there to help us

2 Likes

Remember that one time when the ice age ended and no one could figure out the source of the heat-energy required to melt the ice caps as fast as they did?

Good times. lol

1 Like

Yes, science always evolves. Care to actually discuss the science or will you continue nipping at the edges?

1 Like

I believe the natural cycle we are in would promote cooling, not warming.

this statement is in direct contrast with your previous one

but sure let’s discuss science

what science is AOC using to justify that miami will disappear in a few years, and to take and control trillions from the economy?

1 Like

As Politico detailed during the 2016 presidential campaign, Trump International Golf Links sought to build a seawall to protect a golf course he owns in Ireland from “global warming and its effects.”

In a permit application for the wall, Trump International Golf Links cited scientific studies indicating that a rise in sea level could result in damaging erosion in a bay near the golf course.

Can you link to her statement?

her rant here:

gee i’m surprised you didnt see it on yahoo news

1 Like

Well, yes, but they are taking measures to curb CO2 emissions. It’s ironic you cite them though. If you throw the US in with them, guess which country is the only one that pulled out of the Paris Agreement? Why would you expect Russia, India or China to “heel” when at our request when we’ve literally chosen to take steps backwards? Fortunately, none of those three have followed our lead and pulled from the Agreement.

Why do you act like since we’re not the current top polluter, we can’t do much of anything? We are the second highest current emitter, and historically, we are the de facto number one emitter. 6 Graphs Explain the World’s Top 10 Emitters Only recently has China surpassed us, but we blew them out of the water in terms of CO2 emissions for decades on end. The EU too. Most carbon lingers in the atmosphere for 10-30 years, with the rest lingering for up to several centuries. So, you can bet that most of the CO2 causing the current warming is from us, not China… China’s emissions are certainly playing a role now, and will play a much larger role int he future… but so will our continued emissions (again, we’re number 2).

“As you know, China did not have to take any steps of compliance until 2030. India had no obligations until USD 2.5 trillion of aid was provided,” Scott Pruitt, administrator of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) told reporters at a White House news conference

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/58972466.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/390741-chinas-rising-emissions-prove-trump-right-on-paris-agreement

Fabulous link! I notice among other things that quite a few folks predicted a coming mini ice age.

Our leftist friends have argued for years it was only 1 radical scientist.

One more myth busted it appears.

1 Like

To you, maybe. To people with comprehension skills, my post bears no resemblance to your statement. You’re saying my post somehow equates to some sort of blanket assertion apparently. What I said was precisely the opposite. I cited a couple of cases historically where the science was wrong and we corrected it. That doesn’t mean there was no value in the previous work done on those topics, nor that the researchers involved were wrong in their entire body of work. That’s how science works…

Their predictions are already coming true. Just over 30 years ago Hansen sat before congress to explain AGW and the potential consequences. He spoke to three different scenarios and how they may result in temperature increases. His scenario B, a sort of moderate scenario, was nearly spot on. 30 years later, deniers are still lying about Hansen’s amazing global warming prediction | Climate crisis | The Guardian One of the biggest papers studying AGW was published back in the early 70’s with remarkable foresight. A remarkably accurate global warming prediction, made in 1972 | Climate crisis | The Guardian

It is a religion substitute for many on the left IMO. That;s why pointing out the multitude of crazy apocalyptic predictions that failed angers them so.

I see your opinion piece citing Pruitt from 2018 with actual recent data and performance evaluations.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/2019/09/climate-change-report-card-co2-emissions/

Also, Im not real sure why you linked that? lol

You know it’s too late to do anything now, right?

.1 - .3 of what? Where are you getting this? Not remotely close…

All sources contained as links.