50 years of fake news on the Climate apocalypse

Yet as far away from science as Trump is from honesty.

They will likely still be hearing the same gloom and doom global warming hysteria and dire bs predictions that we are hearing now and have been hearing for decades. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

They were already on this path regardless of President clown. These are developing countries growing through cheap energy (coal) which is cheaper than its ever been. There is also a repeating occurrence of countries in the east who signed the Paris Accord but do the exact opposite.

I know it’s easy for us to beat ourselves up all the time and think all over the worlds
woes is because of us, but this particular issue is global and the emerging markets are the ones to watch it has to start there. India and China combined is over 40% of the world population and they’re just getting started.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com/india/1581665/indias-carbon-emissions-growing-faster-than-us-china-says-iea/amp/

“India’s carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions are growing at a faster rate than in any other major energy-consuming nation.”

“Under the Paris climate agreement, India has set a target to reduce the emissions intensity of its economy by over 30%, compared with 2005 levels, by 2030.

But the country has continued building new coal plants, and oil imports are only rising as its growing population becomes more prosperous.” (See it’s the same in the developing word, growing populations, growing, economies and the need for cheap energy).

Yes… they are not going to be able to do it without help from the West and Private corporations.

We can’t expect developing nations to not develop and if we want to meet the goals of reducing pollution for all of us… we are going to have to pay for it.

That is a foot every 10 years that would definitely affect people in your lifetime.

So which is it?

Quite a strange nit to pick.

What is it? Which one did you just make up?

What level of sea rise do you think will be seen by 2100?

Does it matter, now answer the question, which one did you make up? Both can not be true.

Nope… not going to answer the question.

There is a weird bit of nit picking going on here and I am not sure what to make of it.

There is projected sea level rise by 2100.

So… what do you think it will be? 0? 1 foot? 2 feet? 10 feet?

What I just did was prove you are willing to make stuff up about global warming to fit your narrative. You don’t know what to make of it because you can not figure out a reasonable explanation for the two contrasting statements.

2 Likes

After 50 years of false sky is falling hysteria i don’t believe a word that comes from the man made global warming crowd anymore.

1 Like

I remember in 1985 during my junior year in Florida, we had our first ‘Earth Day’ event. I came home very upset because we’d been told that Florida WOULD (not might…not maybe) be underwater in about ten years. I stood on the beach believing what they taught me. I was angry at the ocean and depressed thinking of all the destruction that was coming. My home would be gone and my whole family too if we didn’t escape soon. Yes --I remember every irrational fear they managed to plant in my young mind because I bought into it all. I started grieving what was destined to be lost. In other words they successfully ■■■■■■ with my mind.

I see the identical ■■■■■■■■ being pumped out to this very day. Good luck convincing people who’ve already been told over and over that life as they know it will end ‘soon’.

3 Likes

So please correct me.

What is the expected sea level rise by 2100?

Exactly! :+1:

I don’t know the expected sea rise by 2100 nor do I believe anyone does. I realize lots of experts are making claims. They’ve been doing that for a long, long time.

The Florida beach I grew up near is 14 inches above sea level and a half mile from home. I used to actually believe Florida would be underwater by the late 90’s because people I trusted at school said so.

That same beach is more beautiful than ever, hasn’t raised a single inch in over 30 years, and is where both my sons recently chose to be married.

Good luck convincing someone who’s been lied to for decades; someone who used to believe all that ■■■■■ too. All I need to do is again accept new data about something happening in the future while simultaneously disbelieving my very own eyes.

1 Like

So you put it down as an unknowable?

I’m saying a lot of experts who ‘knew’ lied to me and I no longer believe said knowing folks anymore. And no I don’t know what sea level will be in 2100, and would say it’s ‘unknowable’ if that’s what you meant.

Okay… I guess “unknowable” is the best description.

Thanks.

And beaches looks pretty much the same today as it did back then.

They scared you for no good reason.