4th ranking democratic loses primary

I think you are absolutely correct, however, they will swear up and down that the big blue wave is coming in midterms, they’re really, really sure this time.

who would have thought trump would have a chance of winning the GOP nomination…

anything is possible nowadays.

a few other names that are possible
hickenlooper of colorado or sherrod brown of ohio

The wild card is Trump’s tariffs. If we start seeing a lot of headlines about jobs lost and price increases, it won’t help Rs in November.

It didn’t hurt that Trump was given a billion dollars worth of free advertising, not to mention 100% name ID.

You are comparing apples to oranges.

Gutierrez from Illinois, Bullock from Montana, Tim Kaine from VA

That’s one of the things I found very strange about Hillary during the primaries-her race to the left against Bernie. She never terribly struck me as far left, except when she needed to (imagine that…a Clinton playing to a base) but Hillary was BAD at it, and it showed. When confronted, she seemed so fake. She had an opportunity to just be a typical Democrat instead of a really polarizing one when trying to reach out to the Bernie Bros.

i think castro woudl have a good shot to be the nominee. he was a possible veep candidate under hillary

hes hispanic and from texas, a big plus
hes young
hes very smart

i dont think kaine will run. he has the taint of hillary on him

another possible is howard shcultz who just resigned as head of starbucks

I’d vote for her. She’s got a lot of guts, and she has the experience and character to back her beliefs. I don’t think she’d honestly be TOO different from what a McCain presidency would look like-which honestly, I don’t think would have been THAT bad.

Yes, I agree with you. Likely another reason for her defeat…it was probably seen as nothing more than pandering to the Bernie base and they saw it for what it was.

She was just a really terrible candidate. So was her opponent of course, but he at least knew how to talk to average Americans. I still find it amazing a billionaire can run as a populist, but that’s exactly what Trump did.

Anyway, hope we never have another election as awful as that one was.

1 Like

You and me both!!! Lol. Wowzer!

1 Like

Yes. I think this was a huge mistake. This is all fuel for democrats to use regardless on what triggers our economy.

perhaps but that might be minor, he is generally well seen and non-controversial, mild mannered almost milk toast. a very big change compared to Trump. no much in controversy and speaks fluent Spanish will definitely contrast Trump
but we will see

The tariffs are a huge mistake. It’s already doing damage. Rs need to grow a spine and either talk Trump out of it, or pass something in Congress.

2 Likes

That’s not a wild card. It’s just another ■■■■■■ policy on the pile of ■■■■■■ policies.

Tim Kaine couldn’t even unseat Pelosi as minority leader.

Maybe because he’s a Senator and not a member of the House?

Are you confusing him with someone else?

when would he ever had a chance to do so?

Joanne … Trump enough said. That isn’t where you wanna go.

I’m guessing he has Kaine mixed up with someone else.