44 Count Indictment filed against Robert Bowers in the Western District of Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania Man Charged with Federal Hate Crimes for Tree of Life Synagogue Shooting | USAO-WDPA | Department of Justice (Press release regarding the indictment from the United States Attorney for the Western District of Pennsylvania.)

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdpa/press-release/file/1106841/download (Link to the indictment)

Robert Bowers faces a maximum possible penalty of death, or life without parole, followed by a consecutive sentence of 535 years’ imprisonment.

A State of Pennsylvania indictment has already been filed for numerous murder and attempted murder and other charges.

As is typical, the Federal trial will occur first. The United States District Judge to handle this case has not yet been announced.

1 Like

This is always the time when those against the death penalty start having second thoughts.

Nope throw him in ADX and let him slowly die.

I have no problem with the death penalty on principle.

My problem has always been with the death penalty in practice.

The case of Robert Bowers would fit my strict criteria for the death penalty, i.e.:

1. The defendant must be proven guilty BEYOND ANY DOUBT WHATSOEVER.

2. The case must rest on ironclad physical evidence, if it is a circumstantial case, the death penalty would not be allowed.

3. The murders must be especially heinous and brutal.

I believe all three of my criteria apply easily to Robert Bowers.

2 Likes

It’s a shame he wasn’t killed in the shoot out with the police.

Good people on both sides

Yeah yeah. I think what’s being missed here is the far more important point of how nice those Jews were to Trump. They were so nice. Nice like you’ve never seen before, over a long period of time.

Bowers appeared in federal court today. He pled not guilty and requested a jury trial.

United States Magistrate Judge Robert C. Mitchell is presiding over preliminary proceedings and has scheduled a 45 day pre-trial motion period. Trial is expected to last 4 weeks at minimum and likely longer than that.

As far as I know, a United States District Judge has not yet drawn this case.

1 Like

not guilty. damn…

Senior United States District Judge Donetta W. Ambrose has drawn this case.

1 Like

Isn’t it a pretty simple case?

It is about as simple as a criminal case can get.

The fuzzy part will be the death penalty sentencing phase.

1 Like

I was once for the death penalty, but with so many people being acquitted by DNA evidence it’s really changed my mind on it.