40 people killed at Mosque shooting in New Zealand

I think you have finally lost it.

A sure sign a person has lost the argument when the person resorts to personal abuse as per the above post.

Nothing personal. Just an excuse observation.

It was personal and it was an insult.

No it wasn’t, and no it wasn’t.

“Lost the thread” as in “gone off the path.” It’s not a contest.

Okay, thanks.

Regardless, I don’t think it’s right for elected officials to make such comments. They have power and influence, and their comments can have an effect.

Oryx I have seen the context of the alleged quote. Context is important. For example if a question was put to the Deputy PM that if the person arrested was found guilty what possible sentence would he be facing is a completely different situation to the one implied in the posts on this forum.

More generally I find it particularly interesting given we have the legal principle of sub judice that US citizens are railing against the alleged comments by the Deputy PM in view of what can be said and is said during US trials.

Well, I complain when US officials do it too. In this case I think I’m objecting to content of the comment more than anything. Life in solitary is cruel, and governments shouldn’t be in the business of torturing people for a lifetime, even for crimes as horrific as these. Just execute him.

Neither New Zealand nor Australia has capital punishment on their books.

Do you support putting him in solitary for 50 years?

I am 100% against capital punishments under any circumstances.

1 Like