33 killed in largest terror attack in Japanese history

Which is more terrifying? Dying in a fire or dying in a mass shooting?

Hmm, good question. I hope someone asks this at the next Democratic debate. But I have follow-up questions. Where am I shot? Am I actually burning to death, or dying of smoke inhalation?

2 Likes

Neither is very good.

On a one to one basis Iā€™ll take a bullet over immolation any day of the week. Especially if itā€™s high caliber through a major organ where death is near instantaneous.

However, if the presumption is not that you will necessarily die in the mass shooting/fire, Iā€™d choose the fire because I could potentially protect myself with a fire extinguisher.

We need every patriotic citizen, every teacher, every flight attendant, to start carrying fire extinguishers at all times.

1 Like

I thought we were discussing whether one needs a gun to commit mass murder.

No offense, but that would be a really stupid discussion. There are a lot of ways to commit mass murder. Who seriously believes that there is only one way of getting a job done?

No offense taken. You apparently have not been involved in any of the threads regarding mass shootings.

Honestly, if someone was actually arguing that itā€™s impossible to commit mass murder without a gun than I would say that person was just trolling you.

They donā€™t argue that it is impossible, they just wonā€™t acknowledge that it matters if a gun is not involved.

If you were packing you could protect yourself and others in a shooting too.

That aside, this thread seems something of a train wreck ā€¦ train wrecks like car pileups being one of a different class of things where being in / having your own train / car may make no difference as defense ā€¦ because tons of deforming metal flying about.

Exactly, guns werenā€™t involved. Canā€™t use it to cry about gun control here so who cares how many people were burned alive?

I mainly use the Hannity forum as a political forum, not a thoughts and prayers forum. Why does anyone in Japan care if I post condolences in a Sean Hannity forum? It seems self serving. I do care, itā€™s awful, I just donā€™t think it needs to be said here. And it also looks like the victims are being used as concern leverage to try to shame people who post in mass shooting threads here and thatā€™s not good either.

1 Like