Early reports are -35%

1 Like

-32.9%

1 Like

I was close! :smiley:

Seriously, where did you get -5%?

3 Likes

Nowhere worth mentioning… :wink:

Well, well. Do I win closest to the pin?

Good thing a bunch of people are losing enhanced Unemployment payments around this time.

5 Likes

So much for a V-shaped recovery.

Not having a recovery until the pandemic gets under control.

Too bad no one was saying that back in April… oh wait… they were

Never mind.

2 Likes

Thank you. This is exactly correct. Trump and the GOP gambled with American lives in a rush to reopen the economy. The gamble failed and we are worse off now economically than we could’ve been had we just kept everything shut down for 4-6 weeks, masked up across the board, and followed CDC guidelines for phased reopening. And we’ve lost over 150,000 Americans in the process.

I guess the next logical step is to send all of the children in America back to school. Genius!

1 Like

Just a reminder, 3rd quarter will in all probability be a +10% GDP increase. Which is what Trump will tout. But that is going to be because it’s impossible for it to be worse than 2nd quarter.

3 Likes

Good point. And people largely don’t understand any of these macroeconomic details.

Millions of people still out of work AND dollars that were being hosed into the economy through direct payments are going away… it can get worse.

1 Like

That’s bad news.
I feel bad for every person who is impacted by this.
Fingers crossed that as states realize that COVID is no joke, they can get their act together and help turn the economy around.

2 Likes

Yes - collect your 3-pack of Titleists and Donkey Kong head cover at the pro shop.

Also, your pay has been cut by 25%.

2 Likes

Woo Hoo!!

Wait… :man_facepalming:

Yeah, more middle finger shaped.

4 Likes

It’s the shape of a 7/11 hotdog laid out horizontally on that roller thingy, because that’s the only fine dining anyone’s doing for awhile!

2 Likes

Sure is quiet in here. Where is everyone?

Oh and I was mistaken. I thought Trump’s response to this god awful release would be to say that it was better than expectations. I was wrong. His response was to push the idea to not have elections in November. You know. Normal.