269-269 = 26-22 Trump

1 Like

sensible chuckle

Trumpists are already counting their chickens. They should read the constitution.

The 26-22 is based on if all the states stay where they are. There might be some Republican states where the vote might flip congressional delegations. Then the Republicans from those states might consider that a vote for Trump will cost them their jobs in the next election.

The house is the judge of elections. Nancy could find a pretense to refuse to seat any number of Republicans and change the balance of state votes.

Entirely within the Constitution.

Never thought about that. Good catch.

nope.

biden may clear 270, trump may clear 270. the chance of taking a majority of house delegations does not exist.

there already has been. Disqualified ballots being thrown out (instead of being kept for later inspection). People getting duplicate ballots at their residence in their name. People getting dozen’s of ballots at their homes for other people. Moving times of when ballots have to be in by, ballot box in california lit on fire. Mail from postal workers (nothing new, been going on for years) found dumped in the trash. And a whole lot more.

a coup! not very original. been trying for 4 years

You read the constitution? they have to choose from amonth the three highest in the electoral collage. they can’t just say, hey we want john franklin for president.

Originalist. Folks should read the document they insist on having a love affair with.

Kind of the same thing as Mitch McConnell not having a vote on a judicial nominee being “advise and consent.”

not even close

Who is “they”?

It will be whomever the House decides to seat. The House is the judge of elections and determines the qualifications of its members.

You read the thing?

I think they are referring to seating house members. I don’t know how it holds up constitutionally but the gambit they are describing is for the house majority to refuse to seat whichever members they need to alter the state delegation makeup.

Sounds like the makings for a nasty nasty fight. Hope we don’t get that tie.

The split POTUS/VP could be fun to watch though if it ever happens.

Exactly close.

I see folks are already cringing at the notion of a legislative body exercising its powers as it sees fit.

I hope it comes to pass.

will be nice to have a 100% GOP senate.

Fine. You can have the Vice Presidency. If you win the Senate.

wrong. its the current congress that is will determine who gets seated. if nanvy pulls something that nuts, mitch van not only not seat democrats, hr can expell the current ones.

following the house lead, i suppose he could then deem whomever impeached and remove them from office

Dude, you can’t expell except for a 2/3 vote.

Are you even paying attention to this document?

You do realize that the next Congress is the one that does this, right? You’re assuming that the tally remains the same and that the two tied states don’t flip one way or the other.

1 Like