26 shot in 32 seconds: New details, videos released in Dayton mass shooting

Just like saying gun control is stupid because of the 2nd amendment. I agree. That’s why I said it.

I’m just pokin fun at the my guns better And I can shoot faster crowd.

My dad taught me 30 years ago…and it takes crap loads of practice to get good. He’s no longer here…so it’s on me now. Thank God he taught me. Eating fish with bones sucks.

Thing A being psycho kids.

our founders and supreme court most definitely protect our ownership of as many guns as we want. they are efficient killing tools. thus, that killing tool is more protected.

about 25 days until the next mass slaughter.

This whole KNIFE GAS BOMB CAR desperation is just pathetic.

The reality of the situation is the gun just makes it easier, more efficient, makes the killing impersonal because it’s from a distance, gives the shooter an easier time to achieve more destruction without being stopped (because they don’t have to risk getting up close with a knife, or hurting themselves while crashing their car into stuff or accidentally catching themselves on fire and then dying a slow painful death or accidentally setting off their homemade explosive). And if the shooter decides to die too, then they have a quick out with that gun-they don’t have to sit and suffer while burning or bleeding to death.

Not only that, but they don’t have to pretend like they’re the Joker and plan some giant scheme to make sure there will be people where they are going to light a giant building on fire and pray everyone just sits there and burns. A gun allows any person to just find people and starting shooting. Or in the case of the El Paso shooter, go to a retail store where you know lots of people shop, and start shooting. He doesn’t have to worry about being terribly sneaky, or smart, doesn’t have to worry about getting up close with a knife, or trying to pour gas without anyone noticing and then lighting it and hoping it kills people before it is put out. He doesn’t even have to worry about being a skilled marksman. Just spray a lot of bullets toward the people you want to harm. A lot of those bullets are going to hit, even if the person isn’t a good shot.

The destruction from a gun has an immediate effect, does not require skill, and generally causes immediate mass panic which allows for an even greater chance of achieving the intended deaths.

And please, don’t insult any of us by responding with a story about isolated incidents where a dude made a home made bomb, or stabbed someone, or maybe where a white supremacist ran someone over with a car to prove that people can die from non-gun methods. I’m not asserting other methods of killing people do not exist.

It’s amazing all of this has to be spelled out.

2 Likes

Just ask those same people if they use those things in their homes at night to stop intruders with guns/mass shooters.

“Hang on Martha!!! Let me go get the SUV to stop this guy with the gun.”

2 Likes

Or we have found a new cost saving method for the pentagon… We will replace all firearms with knives…

1 Like

I’ve never understood why we equip our military with firearms. You can kill somebody with a butter knife.

Should we now discuss who is the fastest butter knife warrior?

1 Like

We could boost our energy companies buy just equipping our soldiers with butter knives and cans of gasoline… win/win

When my dad took his hunting dogs out he never forgot to take the Toyota from the shed. He’d just back over the raccoon after the dogs ran it up a tree.

That could boost automotive sales.

Guns are not “efficient killing tools”. That is ridiculous.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.
Teach a man to fillet and he won’t get bones stuck in his throat.

2 Likes

And that’s the thing.

Knee-jerkers are focusing on the wrong thing-A.

2 Likes

Another stupid statement.

Peas in a pod.

1 Like

None of that has to be spelled out.

You’re just looking at the wrong thing-A.

Which part do you think is stupid? The part about guns being efficient killing tools or the part about guns being protected by the Constitution?

1 Like

I think I’ve changed my opinion of what’s going to happen just a smidgen.

I still don’t think anything will happen in our lifetimes, and the mass slaughters will continue, but I think young kids who have to live through the next 912 mass shootings (that number is accurate if they live to be 70yo) are going to get tired of the mass slaughters and tired of carrying bullet proof book bags to school and then sending their own kids to school with bulletproof book bags and tshirts.

And what’s really crazy about that 912 number, is it does not include shootings like what happened in Philadelphia yesterday. You can shoot 6 people and it doesn’t count as a mass shooting unless 3 or 4 of them die. So the kids from today will have to live through tons and tons of mass shootings and firearm homicides and will eventually get fed up. By then the Supreme Court justices will also have lived through all of those killings. At that point there might be an opportunity to stop the madness.

They just cant help themselves

Part of the problem is people glorifying their actions. We should not reward these kooks with so much attention.

Less than 100 years ago tyrannical govt’s removed people’s weapons and killed them on an industrial scale. They enslaved billions. That’s unfettered leftism. The most dangerous force in history. Don’t left history repeat itself.

1 Like

So firearm avaialability is one reason why a killer chooses them over other options?