2019 College Football thread

Army takes Michigan into overtime.

Michigan wins, by the skin of their ass.

But Army showed they are truly a complete team to be reckoned with this season and I think they go undefeated the remainder of their schedule.

Now to the more pathetic side of things.

Florida State won by the skin of their asses in overtime over Louisiana-Monroe.

They may want to consider moving to NCAA Division 3.

NOT a photo shop. :smile:

Somebody captioned it “The current state of FSU football, summed up in one picture.” :smile:

1 Like

Clemson is looking mighty inept today.

Penn State holds on to an undefeated season in Happy Valley. Even with Ohio State playing as well as they are, I’m keeping Penn State as Big10 champ.

Bama struggles with Tennessee? Even with an injured Tua, that’s suspect. It’s halftime, we’ll see if they pull away and play Tennessee like they’re Tennessee.

Florida > USC > Georgia? Stick a fork in the east.

Clemson has a little trouble with picks today. Turned it around and beat Louisville like they should have. Lawrence needs to get out of his head. Sophomore slump is working on that kid.

LSU has done quite well this year. I look for them to be the Bama killers, but somehow the playoff panel will have them at the final four at the expense of the Big 12/Big10 champ. They’re pumping the SEC too hard for there not to be 2 of the teams from that conference in the hunt.

Bye Oklahoma.

They’re already filling that void with LSU. So we’ll see an LSU/Bama playoff picture this year.
Right now it looks like LSU/Bama/OSU/Clemson.

If Auburn or Georgia (in SEC Championship) doesn’t play spoiler, they’ll get those two from the SEC. There could be a scenario where 3 teams from the SEC make it with a Georgia SEC champ. The BIG10 champ would have to suffer a loss, but it could happen. So you’d have a 1 loss Georgia/LSU/Bama against Clemson, which I presume will win out.

But I still think Penn State will pull it off and go undefeated into the playoffs. So this scenario will likely end with the Bama/LSU replay in the first round of playoffs.

Penn State falls to Minnesota and now LSU is beating the hell outta Bama.

LSU should be number one in the rankings after this win.

1. LSU
  2. Ohio St
  3. Clemson
  4. Oregon

Oregon is about to go down. Oklahoma gets a bump.

Almost had to eat those words. Valiant effort, Oregon.

Damn what a game. I’m glad Clemson won…1 more.

I could be happy with either LSU or Clemson winning it all.

1 Like

Well, in this house, we are Oklahoma alumni…we really didnt think OU would beat LSU…LSU outclassed Oklahoma , hands down. They really deserved the win cuz they are an outstanding team.
With that said, the officiating was incredibly bad. Lots of of holding n pass interference calls not made…a few face mask calls, too…but that had NOTHING to do with the public fanny whoopin OU got. OU needs to go home n watch game film…see what teamwork looks like. Jalen Hurts seems like a good kid, but hes no Mayfield or Murray. Just not as slick as Burrow…that kid, Burrow deserved the Heisman for sure.:football::trophy:
Congrats to LSU n their fans…extremely talented, hard working team that executed flawlessly.
We dont have a dog in the hunt now, so I’ll be cheering for LSU, just cuz they were impressive yesterday.
As for Florida State…well, gaggles of geese could teach them a thing or 2…jus sayin.:duck::duck::duck:

New head coach. That is a start.

They won’t be particularly good next season, as they have already fumbled away recruiting prospects.

Their goal for next season probably should be 8 wins.

Even if this new coach is good, there won’t be enough talent on the team to come anywhere close to challenging Clemson next year.

A couple of seasons of good recruiting, then maybe Florida State will become a competitive team again.

1 Like

I’m ready to see this game.

:popcorn:

Well, Congrats LSU. The better team kicked us in the gut. Hope to see you next year in Miami.