200,000 jobs added, wages jump by 2.9 percent in August

Where did you refute these numbers? I want to go read that. I know there’s no point asking you to summarize or give any information on how you refuted them again real quick because you won’t. You normally claim you’ve done something, say you have no time, and then move on. But I’m curious how you refuted actual numbers showing how unemployment dropped steadily and consumer confidence went up steadily under Obama.

Just got back from China, Tianjin and Chengdu, but the trade war between the US and China is really hurting the Chinese economy. Tianjin is a huge industrial city with the largest port in Northern China, just didn’t look the same as it did 2 years ago when I last visited. A lot of the companies I met with are starting to realize and are actually investing in the US since most companies in China, US customers are their largest customers.

Also Chengdu was or is supposed to be the Silicon Valley of China, but there isn’t much innovation happening in Chengdu and it was pretty quiet, unlike Pangyo in Korea where it was bustling and you could see innovation happening…

Either way, I see China flinching first since I saw personally what is actually happening in China…

1 Like

No, you haven’t refuted these charts, you just like to pretend and claim you did. What does that even mean in this case, “refuted” ? You called these facts “tired old charts” or something equally stupid, and that’s your idea of a refutation?

I’ve created my own charts using the same numbers, in at least two threads. In each of the threads I talked about how he data can be presented any number of ways to tell very different stories, and I demonstrated that using my own charts.

I do this kind of stuff for a living, so I kind of know what I’m talking about.

I’ve done it in two different threads. I have no interest in doing it again. You can go back and find my earlier responses or you can move on. Your choice.

Why do you keep pretending you are some expert in the area when you clearly are not?

CNBC?

I thought the Destroy Trump Media never reported on stuff like this.

You have done nothing of the sort, everything you have posted was refuted or laughed at. Which is why you always make these vague references and never actually post anything substantial.

Keeping in mind that correlation is not causation, please provide evidence for this assertion.

Thanks in advance.

I’ve no doubt you’ve called the fundamental data “LW talking points” in at least two different threads. Your silly labeling doesn’t constitute a “refutation,” except in your mind, is the problem.

2 Likes

He pretends he “created” all sorts of data analysis and charts that he is suddenly unable to find, or repost, he does this in every thread… he is simultaneously obsessed with this topic but too apathetic to repost anything substantial… it is kind of pathetic. Oh and “he does this for a living” so you can’t question him… :rofl:

2 Likes

No he actually tried to refute the employment graph…his methods were just completely wrong for doing so.

However, I wouldn’t be posting the consumer confidence graph as an example that consumer confidence growth is simply a continuation from the Obama period, if I was you. We need some more time to know for sure, but there is a definite inflection point between the way consumer confidence was trending in Obama’s last years and how it’s trending now.

Refuted; not a chance.

Laughed at; absolutely by those who have no clue.

In regards to those vague references, anyone can search the forum and find the posts for themselves. I seriously doubt anyone will.

Ok, thanks.
I wasn’t posting consumer confidence level charts, though.

You are welcome to show me exactly where I got it wrong.

I could find it, but why bother. I’ve already addressed this twice. I have no interest in doing it repeatedly every time someone drags out that silly unemployment trend chart.

I did in the threads you’re talking about.

I really have no interest in doing it again…

Your “refutation” doesn’t go well, eh? Smart choice, to not offer to be spanked over and over.

Your analysis is pathetic, you keep claiming that people are “manipulating the data” by presenting full data sets spanning over 12 years, and your response when questioned was to restrict the data to an arbitrary point you selected, and limiting the data to like 2 years, just before the end of Obama’s presidency to intentionally skew his data to be flat… and somehow others are the ones who manipulated… :rofl:

Actually you did no such thing. You simply ridiculed me as you are doing here.