18 U.S.C Section 371

If Mueller does indeed indeed issue indictments of Trumps inner circle over Trump Tower, it is likely that he would include this charge:

“Conspiracy against the United States, or conspiracy to defraud the United States, is a federal offense in the United States of America under 18 U.S.C. § 371. The crime is that of two or more persons who conspire to commit an offense against the United States, or to defraud the United States.”

The interesting thing about this charge is that it doesn’t have to pertain to a particular crime but can be used more broadly. It has been used before in a number of cases. Here’s a good write up about it. Do you think it will come to this?

1 Like

Good luck. Conspiracy is difficult to prove.

Good thing Mueller is known for being thorough

Not with vetting a team he’s not.

1 Like

Funny how people want Mueller to investigate anyone except Trump.

Investigating Trump is all Mueller has done for over 1 1/2 years.

This is a law that will probably be used against Hillary, Rosenstein, and others connected to the falsely based FISA warrant.

Yeah. But when is he going to get off his butt and investigate the real criminals like Clinton, Strzok and Baldwin?

Yeah that’s not gonna happen. If they wanted to investigate Hillary Trump has had a year and a half to do that. So far nothing. Here’s what attorney General sessions had to say about it…

“It would take a factual basis that meets the standards of the appointment of a special counsel,”

There is a lot going on behind the scenes with the hidden Huber investigation than you may know. These criminal actions by Hillary, Obama and company will not go unaccounted for.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiFoeqCusLcAhU_CTQIHZKlDNUQFjAEegQIBRAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtontimes.com%2Fnews%2F2018%2Fapr%2F1%2Fjohn-huber-us-attorney-leading-fbi-investigation-s%2F&usg=AOvVaw1Aqu3-mCkAl-iatCq1X5T_

Lock her up and throw away the key! Now, what is your opinion on the OP’s premise? Do you think trump could be charged with conspiracy?

Trump should be charged with conspiracy on several counts.

1. conspired to clean up the filthy swamp
  2. conspired to secure US borders.
  3. conspired to ally with Russia
  4. conspired to renegotiate our foreign trade policies and fix our trade deficit
  5. conspired to unshackle business from overly restrictive agencies

These items don’t fit the definition of a “conspiracy” but I don’t think CNN would agree with me.

There has to be an underlying crime to charge under the statute. If you can’t prove a conspiracy to actually commit a crime it’s going nowhere.

18 USC 953

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

Run with it, you’ll have to indict every transition team and campaign for the last hundred years and all of them going forward.

FP doesn’t start on January 20th, the relationships are built well before Inauguration.

1 Like

I don’t have to run with anything. I’m not a federal prosecutor.

However, the idea that there is “no crime” in a candidate secretly working with a foreign government in order to influence an election, for the benefit of the candidate or foreign government, is absurd.

You can’t show that Trump has done any such thing.

You’re correct. As I’ve already said, I’m not a special counsel or federal prosecutor. It’s not my job or position to do so.

So your s[quote=“SottoVoce, post:18, topic:8375, full:true”]

You’re correct. As I’ve already said, I’m not a special counsel or federal prosecutor. It’s not my job or position to do so.
[/quote]

So I suppose you are just hoping the more you say he was acting treasoist it will make it true somehow?

Yet you tossed out the statute as a way to indict Trump. One would think you had something to offer in support of such a claim.