160,000 Left Behind in Afghanistan?

Afghanistan, yes, but we should not have stayed or nation built.
Iraq, no, should not have gone there at all.

These hindsight posts are precious.

Was that your opinion always?

For me…YES on both counts!

We wouldn’t of had to go into anywhere near the hell holes of the middle east if not for Bill Clintons CYA cover up policies which helped to facilitate the 9/11 attack & if not for Jimmy Carter who enabled the current terror state of Iran to flourish when he withdrew military and financial aid from the Shah of Iran, and now the cherry on the crap cake that is Democrat foreign policy is Biden’s helter-skelter withdrawal from Afghanistan. All of the Democrat ME foreign policy disasters increase terrorist security risks around the world. And you can be sure we will have to go back at some point in the very near future.

What conflict exactly did President Trump violate the “in together, out together” NATO pact? NONE…as there were no new conflicts during his term but he did make NATO countries pay their “fair share” which they had not been doing for decades. And indeed many NATO countries whined about it at the time arguing it would weaken NATO but it didn’t, Biden did that all on his own with this Afghanistan debacle and he has literally shattered the confidence of NATO nations of working with the United States because he did in fact violate the “in together, out together” pact!

I supported both wars for their entire duration. I’ve never changed my mind.

Mistakes were certainly made. And the way the Iraq war was justified was flawed and had poor messaging. The WMD angle was dumb.

On what basis do you find them to be hindsight?

1 Like

Interesting. Even in hindsight you still support the Iraq war?

Yes I do.

Saddam had worn out his welcome and needed to go.

The first phase was executed perfectly. Light casualties, the Iraqi army defeated in just a week, Saddam fleeing to a hole in his old home town.

Mistakes were made during phase 2. The aftermath. The attempt to build a modern western styled state.

Phase 3 was successful. The surge. Attracting terrorist groups from all over the world to come fight the most well trained military force ever assembled (the US and her NATO allies) and these terrorists were killed in the thousands.

Guys that could have planned and carried out world wide large scale terrorist actions. Instead of doing that, they were drawn like a moth to the flame to try and wage Jihad against US-Coalition forces. And for doing so they were destroyed by US forces.

Mistakes were certainly made. Especially during phase 2 and later on the final phases post surge. But if the ultimate goal of the war on terror is to destroy terrorist organizations and their operatives, Iraq was a success.

3 Likes

Thanks!

What percentage of the total terrorists killed or attracted do you think or know were part of some organization or followers or loyal to some terrorist organization prior to phase 2?

Not the majority. The majority of terrorists in phase 3 were home grown in Iraq and joined other Sunni terrorist groups that formed as the Shia majority government started making… let’s just say some very poor choices. That was one of the US’s bigger mistakes. We chose a side in a sectarian fight that had been brewing since the 1970s. But it was for practical reasons; the Shia were the majority.

But a significant portion of the Sunni support were foreign who came to assist and train them. And bankroll their efforts.

In both situations, one more dead terrorist is a good thing. Regardless of their national origin.

I have some serious issues with some of the decisions that were made in Iraq. But I still feel that it was worth it.

I do believe the best course of action politically would have been to separate Iraq into three countries. One Sunni in the west, Shia in the east, Iraqi Kurdistan in the north.

Democrats in this OP

If that is the case the Democrats are in charge of doing it.

1 Like

Yes, they crushed the northern alliance in days just last week. Just the up armored Humvees made it a vastly superior force. Not to mention night vision, loads of small arms & ammo.

Thank you for proving to any objective observer you indeed have such huge blinders on you may as well be blindfolded. You can’t see the forest for the trees.

Any more kids get bombed this week? Perhaps 12 more will equal that one ally we killed along with them. lol

1 Like

First ransom payment

6 Likes

It’s OK, the “new” Taliban needs it more than U.S. Citizens do. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Afghanistan First

4 Likes

Have you noticed the media and other Biden allies are trying to ignore Afghanistan now?

Give old Joe some cover for that disaster by focusing on the covid.

But only part of the covid at that. The infected illegals being allowed in and shipped to primarily red states is still getting ignored as well.

4 Likes