16 year old climate activist arrives in NY for UN summit after sailing across the ocean

Don’t worry, you can criticize her message all you want. But some of the criticism here goes way beyond the message.

She was a passenger on a boat manned by a crew. This makes her an expert? :thinking:

Oh. I didn’t know that. The few articles I read didn’t mention that.
Why isn’t the rest of the crew talking to the UN?

Doesn’t fit the narrative apparently.

I am not saying that you cannot criticized her because of her condition. I’m saying the criticism reflects poorly on the person giving it. If they had a credible rebuttal they would concentrate on the message but they can’t so are instead concentrating on the girl herself. It’s pathetic.

No, she should not be criticized for her condition. If she is put up as a pubic speaker, she can be criticized if she is rude to people. That was the criticism I have seen.
In fact, I have seen no proof of any condition, though she may well have one.
As to the message, there is no reason to hold her out as an expert, though if someone wants to engage in a scientific discussion with her, fine.

People with autism aren’t fully functioning? Seriously?

That is the claim by those defending her. Otherwise, why can’t she be criticized for being rude? They are claiming that she is incapable of not being rude, essentially.
That is the game being played.

"She is rude".

“You can’t say that, she has a condition”

"Oh, she has a condition"

“How dare you say she has a condition!”

2 Likes

No that is not the claim. That is your mangled interpretation

Then why do you complain when Trump is criticized for the same thing?

I have often criticized Trump both for lying and for name calling. You have the wrong person.
Hmmm…maybe he has a “condition”…but you can’t say that because it would not be empathetic.

So you admit to using people, including minors?!

Not even if you include their time in St. Louis. But if you want to include their time in St. Louis then I’m gonna have to start bragging about the Orioles 27 World Series Championships.

Brought to us by the same people who cry,

“You can’t say ■■■■ hole country!”

Only to tell everyone how they want to control birth rates in said countries.

Sure. In the same way an expert or non-expert is used to spread a message. Typically by the individual themselves. You know, by using their voice. Crazy how that works.

She’s been abused her whole life by lies… Not alive long enough to see their predictions fail. I wonder if in 20 years when climate things are the same, if she will sue!

Oh, and building a sailboat causes emissions… So, just another lie…

If they’re not driven by fuel, how is it they contribute to ocean rise? I’m talking HER boat.

You’ve been told multiple times now.

And “her boat” wasn’t “solar powered”. It’s a sailboat.

Re-take a damn science class.

Pay attention this time.

So in other words, you had no point.

Out of curiosity, what did you think of her demeanor? Was that normal 16 year old behavior?