10 killed, 15 injured in van attack in downtown Toronto

From what’s been reported, 10 dead, 15 wounded but hey no gun was used so we won’t be hearing from CITM on the subject.

1 Like

not very reliable sources based on people looking around his social media though nothing is confirmed.

based on report and video you can see him getting out of the van and telling the cop he has a gun and asking the cop to shoot him.

OK, I take your word for it. I just had not heard that in the reports I read and heard. Not surprising though, as mass killers often want to commit suicide after their carnage is over.

He will likely be charged with multiple court of murder and attempted murder and Canada allow consecutive sentencing so he will get 25 years for each count.

Ten consecutive life sentences plus 15 more 25 year consecutive sentences for attempted murder would be more fitting but as long as he never breathes free air again justice will be done.

the law was changed recently for mutli-murder case to be sentence consecutively so he will never get out of jail.

Are you saying that upon conviction a 25 year sentence is normal? No live in prison without parole?

there is no life sentence in Canada, but consecutive sentencing which means you need to serve each term after each-other not concurrently (at the same time). in this case he would be sentence to 10 terms of 25 years to be served consecutively before he can be allowed out on patrol. 25 years being the max for a single murder conviction.

“Patrol”? How about “Parole”? :joy:

They haven’t confirmed that the guy in the video on social media was the same as the person who got shot.

If it is, it’s definitely an incel kid. Using all the usual terminology.

But as ever with the 4chan lot, they like to troll the media. Creating a fake profile to post this ■■■■ would fit their style.

His best legal defense is to take a peal and hope they don’t send him to maximum.

which is why none of the major Canadian News sites are jumping at it yet.

Based on his history his best defense is probably to plead insanity. From what I’m gathering he may have a long mental health history.

CBC spent about a half hour on it.

insanity is a pretty hard defense though I can see him using it to get into Regional Psychiatric Centre which is pretty much a club med of Prisons.

CBC has been doing good job at covering keeping to the facts.

They did a half hour on the supposed “toxic masculinity” and unwilling celibacy angles despite the fact the police not releasing any indications of motive.

If that’s “keeping to the facts” the word “fact” has lost all meaning.

Wow. I personally find it disgusting that a person can commit first degree murder and be out in 25 years. I don’t support the death penalty except in the most evil cases (such as Parkland) but believe anyone who plans and deliberately takes another life should never be released from prison.

But that’s “progressiveness” in Canada I guess.

What are you talking about? No one got shot.