10 dead in spree shooting in Nova Scotia Canada

10 people died today in a spree shooting including one police officer.

People in a rural Nova Scotia community are reeling today after a bloody 12-hour rampage by a gunman who killed at least 10 people.

In an update on Sunday evening, police confirmed the gunman is dead, as well as an RCMP officer.

They said there are at least 10 people killed in total. They warned there may be more victims who have not been discovered yet and their investigation continues.

Nova Scotia RCMP said the gunman was Gabriel Wortman, 51. His rampage began late Saturday night in the small community of Portapique, N.S. He led police on a chase Sunday morning along one of the province’s busiest highways. The chase ended near a gas station about 35 kilometres north of Halifax in Enfield, N.S., around 11:40 a.m. local time.

13 confirmed dead now.

if only someone else had a gun…,

damn. poor people

2 Likes

RIP and prayers for their families.

Apparently the suspect was dressed as a police officer. I’ll try to find the article where I saw this.

Here it is:

I wonder if his motivations were to cause more hostile relations between LEOs and the people. To pretend to be one of the people you hate, and do bad things while impersonating them. The precipice of manipulation.

Isn’t this where a Con usually says it’s too soon?

Heidi Stevenson 23 year veteran of the RCMP was killed, first victim ID.

He hasn’t been linked to any of the victim, they were selected at random.

no it’s where someone who wants to prevent such things from occurring says they should have been armed

This thread isn’t in the politics section for the sole purpose of avoiding debate on gun control.

1 Like

Good Lord. Horrible tragedy for the victims and your country. They’re saying 13 dead. Prayers to the families.

he made himself look like a cop? 0-o

Yes, he drove a fake RCMP car.

Bound to be said.

yeah. for the sake of people’s lives

someone’s gotta say it

that seems like a fair amount of pre-mediation from the sicko

nah, you could have waited till the bodies turned cold but who would have thought of that one.

1 Like

if someone had a way to combat the murderous insanity there would be much less cold bodies, if any at all

It certainly does. He was obviously a sicko because of the randomness. You can be mentally ill and highly intelligent. I agree this whole thing is very strange.